December may seem like a distracted month at work, but make no mistake:
Stakeholders in DC are definitely getting ready for the new Congress in January. And that includes hiring new employees now.
Here are a few other reasons to look for a job during the holidays:
- 1. Budgets and hiring needs are set for 2019. Employers want to hit the ground running.
- 2. With regular employees out of the office, hiring managers have time to focus on resumes.
- 3. There are networking opportunities galore — holiday parties, volunteer drives, etc.
- 4. A number of people actually quit once bonuses have been distributed, leading to unexpected openings at some businesses.
- 5. There may be less competition for the job you are interested in because everyone else thinks it’s not a good time to look.
- 6. People are generally in better moods and you may get that break you need.
- 7. It's best not to lose momentum in your job search. Stopping now and getting going again in January can be tough mentally.
Best wishes for a productive and fruitful holiday season!
Copyright 2019 Brad Traverse LLC. All Rights Reserved. Articles are for information purposes only and may not be reproduced without permission from the author.